Highlighted
levend-sayar Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to get user list of a manager

Hi,

I am using HP CSA 4.50 and want to deploy a jsp which performs below operation.

I have configured ldap users and some of them as has manager attriubute pointing to other users.

I want to get the users who has manager attribute containing a specific user.

I have checked API guide but could not find a way to do it over CSA.

Could you please inform me how can I implement this if possible?

Regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to get user list of a manager

Hello, 

you may do jsp calling OO workflow, so from CSA you may pass the filter search value [Manager] to workflow and the output will be the list of users that are reporting to the manager. 

regarding the workflow Powershell script please check below link 

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-ADDirectReport-962616c6

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Actually I was thinking that as a last option running a flow from OO or rest call to LDAP.

I mean, if CSA keeps these information on its dbs, I was considering to run a filtering API and get the list. So I may not need to go to LDAP server.

By the way, my CSA is running on linux. Is this powersehll script could be deployed because of it own library dependency?

Regards

0 Likes
mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello, 

if you going to have JSP calling OO workflow, JSP output coming from OO flow with filter/value display control from JSP.

I am not sure why you need to keep these data in CSA  I guess that will be part of Service design with the runtime of service offering/design.

Regarding Linux, IS OO on Linux? if so and you may want to run this you need to have OO-RAS.

can you explain more about the scenario what you are planning for once you get the list of users?

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I was thinking to run a CSA user search api which I can customize filtering such as according to manager info of a user (If CSA keeps these info in its db and serve  via an API).

My OO also run on linux on the same machine with OO.

But, OO can do the same as you told. I can try to run a http get towards HP OO Ldap flow and parse the data returned from OO.

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.