vgodoy Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to limit flow execution time

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to know if there's a way to set a max execution time to a flow, and when this time is reached, do that the flow cancel (f.e. to avoid loops).

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to limit flow execution time

Jump to solution

There is a global setting

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:10.70/Use/Using_OO_Central/Settings#Configurethedefaulttimeoutsettings

But well created flows should have all loops with a counter limit, for a controlled termination after maximum number of attempts; long running process have logic split and big wait times implemented with a new flow scheduled after several minutes, ... not just rely on global setting.

4 Replies
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

This is the feedback forum.  Can you tell me what product you're asking about?

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
vgodoy Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry when I post the message I see that this forum is not for a concrete questions. It was about Operations Orchestration.

0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Moved to the appropriate forum

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There is a global setting

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:10.70/Use/Using_OO_Central/Settings#Configurethedefaulttimeoutsettings

But well created flows should have all loops with a counter limit, for a controlled termination after maximum number of attempts; long running process have logic split and big wait times implemented with a new flow scheduled after several minutes, ... not just rely on global setting.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.