Absent Member.. sihem Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to produce interesting documentation with OO

Hi How to produce interesting documentation with OO, especcially when using sub flows, What are best practice flow developpement that helps ending with usefull documentation.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Sam_Liu Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to produce interesting documentation with OO

Please let me know what exactly you are looking for.
0 Likes
guyhanael Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you tried the generate documentation option ?

Click any "Library" folder of any project--> right click --> choose generate documentation

Check the outcome...:-)

0 Likes
Absent Member.. sihem Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes I did and realised that the quality is driven by the way the flow is developped, so what are best practice to end up with good documentation?

Thanks

0 Likes
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Your best resource is going to be the Studio Authoring Guide on HP Live Network.  It has a "Best Practice" callouts throughout the document that you can use.  Here's the direct link to the HPOO page on HPLN:
https://hpln.hpe.com/group/operations-orchestration

Also, look at some of the published Content Packs (both from HP and the Community) to get some ideas on how to write good Descriptions.

My big ones that I tell people (and some of these are in the Studio Authoring Guide I already mentioned) are:

1. Make your flow self-documenting.  By that I mean, steps and variables with descriptive names and use the "Icons" feature to make it easy to get an idea of what the flow is doing just by looking at it.  This also applies to the name and icon the flow (whether it's a primary flow or a sub-flow).
  2. Write a good "Description" with a brief summary of what the flow does, a list of inputs, outputs, and responses along with details for each
  3. Keep each flow as small as possible and use sub-flows when a task will take several steps.

These three items will go a long way in making your "generate documentation" output look nice.

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

So, I noticed this morning that HPE updated the HPLN site (it looks much nicer by the way) so my links from before may not work.  However, now they have a handy Best Practices section with an entire doc dedicated to Best Practices for Authoring.  I think that will do an even better job at handling what you need.  The Best Practices section can be found at https://hpln.hpe.com/product/operations-orchestration/resources/best-practices

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.