Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. MartinAguilera Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

How to query a postgreSQL database?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to make a query to a postgreSQL database but the jdbc operation doesn't accept the value "postgreSQL" in the DBType input. I've read that you can add a new jdbc driver to make a connection to a database that is not listed, but I can't find how. Can somebody explain me how to make a connection to this database?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ligia_centea
New Member.

Re: How to query a postgreSQL database?

Jump to solution

Hi,

In the description of the JDBC folder, you can find more information on how to  enable support for a database that is not supported by default. You have to perform the following steps:

1) Copy PostgreSQL JDBC Driver (.jar) into the instalation folder of Studio (you can find the exact location in the description of the JDBC folder)

2) Set the value Custom for the DbType input

3) Set the classname of the PostgreSQL driver in the dbClass input (i.e: org.postgresql.Driver)

4) Set the value for the URL required to load the driver and make the connection in the dbURL input (i.e: jdbc:postgresql://<db_ip>:<db_port>/<db_name>)

Hope it helps,

Ligia

4 Replies
ligia_centea
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In the description of the JDBC folder, you can find more information on how to  enable support for a database that is not supported by default. You have to perform the following steps:

1) Copy PostgreSQL JDBC Driver (.jar) into the instalation folder of Studio (you can find the exact location in the description of the JDBC folder)

2) Set the value Custom for the DbType input

3) Set the classname of the PostgreSQL driver in the dbClass input (i.e: org.postgresql.Driver)

4) Set the value for the URL required to load the driver and make the connection in the dbURL input (i.e: jdbc:postgresql://<db_ip>:<db_port>/<db_name>)

Hope it helps,

Ligia

Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I tried what you told me but I keep getting the error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver. Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Forget it, I just had to restart both the Studio software and the Central service. 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Visitor.. peggy
Visitor..

Jump to solution

Hi
i'm using the 10.60 version of OO, and put postgresql-42.1.3.jar  to <STUDIO_HOME>\lib\ext\org.postgresql_postgresql 
and <OO_HOME>\central\tomcat\temp\ext\org.postgresql_postgresql folder.

but i keep getting the error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver. , do you know how to slove it?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.