Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
rohitjoshi197 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to upgrade Python and install required libraries from HP SA (Server Automation)?

I have an HP SA (Server Automation) agent installed on couple of servers.

The default Python version during installation is 2.7.

How can I upgrade Python and also install Python libraries (considering there is no internet connectivity on the target server) from HP SA Client into the target server?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to upgrade Python and install required libraries from HP SA (Server Automation)?

This is the OO forum, the SA forum is here: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Data-Center-Automation/ct-p/DCA

I'm having trouble parsing your question, two different answers:

1) Don't use the agent python for anything other than the SA agent functionality. It's at 2.7 and will be until at least the end of this year when 3.0 support is available.

2) Package whatever python you want to install on the system VIA the HPSA agent, as either a software policy or a zip file install package, and then use SA to push that package to the remote systems using the SA agent tunnels.

--Chris

0 Likes
rohitjoshi197 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: How to upgrade Python and install required libraries from HP SA (Server Automation)?

So if I have a separate Python installation on the server apart from agent's version of Python, can I execute Python scripts on that Python version (not the agent one) with SA?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Ahhh, now I see the question better.

It's all about context. If you are loading a python script into SA and then executing that, it will use the SA agent python to execute it.

If you push the script down to the server via SA and then execute it using a wrapper / some other means, it will use the system python (not the SA python).

--Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.