Valued Contributor.. cede87 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Impossible to install HPE OO 10.80 with IDM

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm having a lot of problems to install HPE Operation Orchestration 10.80 with HTTPS and IDM Service.

First of all this is my environment:

• OS Version: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (Disabled Firewall)
  • Database: Oracle 11g R2 (in different machine with Oracle Linux as OS)
  • Standalone Environment

The steps that I follow to install 10.80 is:

I select Central and next.

Configure and create my IDM service. Save the passwords.
3.jpg

Create my database/schema. I choose JDBC Driver 6 because is the last version for Oracle 11g R2.

Everything pass the test and the connection is correct. Next.

Configure the IDM Database. Right now I put different Oracle Database Instance using SYSTEM.

But also fails when I put (same instance / different schema) or (different instance/different schema) as SYSTEM.

QUESTION: Should I create different schema in my Oracle? Should I configure something previously

in my new schema to use IDM Service? If yes, which changes I have to apply in my IDM Oracle Schema?

IDM Database should be in different Database Instance than Central?

5.jpg

After 40 minutes the installation fails in "Start Central" step. The installation only works if I don't configure

IDM Service. So I'm thinking that this is the main problem.

7.jpgs

If we check the installation log we can see that can't connect correctly.

8.jpg

If we check log localhost_access we can see that it's impossible to get the request token from idm-service

and without this its impossible connect.

9.png

If we try to access some error message appears. By HTTP and HTTPS.

Things that I tried (always with self-signed certificate):

• With HTTP and HTTPS and different ports (this case) --> Fails
  • With HTTP and HTTPS and default ports -> Fails
  • With disabled HTTP port -> Fails
  • The same but with new version 2018.05 --> The same errors
  • I thought that maybe is tomcat who can't run and up the IDM-Service so I tried to remove HTTPS port (because I don't want that it would be in use and listening) and I execute catalina.bat run but never ends. (I don't know the reason). I have to say that Java Environment Variables are correctly configured. JRE_HOME and JAVA_HOME use Jdk1.8.0_111 who has JRE 8 (I think) inside.

If someone can help or suggest some new idea I will appreciate.

I attach logs from installation and also logs when I tried to run catalina manually.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Impossible to install HPE OO 10.80 with IDM

Jump to solution

Hi,

In order to install central with IDM on oracle the following must be  true regarding the  database (some are oracle specific others are generally true):

- the OO and IDM databases must be separate, which means in the case of oracle you need 1 user for each OO and IDM

- you must not install any product underneath the administrator user/database, in the case of oracle this means do not use the built in users (system, sys, aux, and any other built in user) as this may interfere with normal db operations

- while it is true that OO can create its databaseand users  IDM cannot. This means that for IDM you need to have an existing empty database for it.

Now in order to create the user properly you will have to copy from you central\bin\sql folder the oracle folder to a place on your pc and from that folder use the script oracle_create_oo_db.sql in order to create the IDM and OO database users.

Then reinstall OO with IDM using the users you have created.

In regards to the database driver you can you oracle jdbc driver 7.12 for both oracle 11g and oracle 12 c.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Impossible to install HPE OO 10.80 with IDM

Jump to solution

Hi,

In order to install central with IDM on oracle the following must be  true regarding the  database (some are oracle specific others are generally true):

- the OO and IDM databases must be separate, which means in the case of oracle you need 1 user for each OO and IDM

- you must not install any product underneath the administrator user/database, in the case of oracle this means do not use the built in users (system, sys, aux, and any other built in user) as this may interfere with normal db operations

- while it is true that OO can create its databaseand users  IDM cannot. This means that for IDM you need to have an existing empty database for it.

Now in order to create the user properly you will have to copy from you central\bin\sql folder the oracle folder to a place on your pc and from that folder use the script oracle_create_oo_db.sql in order to create the IDM and OO database users.

Then reinstall OO with IDM using the users you have created.

In regards to the database driver you can you oracle jdbc driver 7.12 for both oracle 11g and oracle 12 c.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.