GJN13 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Invoke OO flow after Incident ticket is Resolved

Hi Team,

we are using HPOO 9.07, SM7.11,and NNMi,

We raise a change ticket from HPSM for adding the Node details into NNMi database by invoking the OO flow from Chnage ticket, OO flow has DNS forward and Reverse lookup and other few operations like SNMP query,Add SNMP Community,ADD node, this flow requires 3 mandatory input values which are necessary for adding the node in NNMi,and for adding Node in NNMi database , we are passing 3 values from SM, i.e Nodename,Node IP and communty string.

For adding this, we will raise chnage ticket from SM, and will update 3 values which are mentioned above in one of the change phase, once chage tkt is approved, Invoke OO flow button will be visible and if Change Coordinator clicks on the invoke flow button, it will run the OO flow from backend for adding node in NNMi, but if we are passing invalid values, like junk IP address, Invalid hostname, the OO flow will fails in one of the step operation and it is creating Inciden ticket in HPSM.

The above configuartion is working as expected and it is adding node in NNM if we pass Correct values. and creating a incident ticket in HPSM for Invalid values, but

Now we have below scenaio after Incident is resolved.

1.Incident is created after OO flow fails in any of the flow.

2.Incident is assigned to Particular assignment group.

3.Incident team resolved the incident ticket which was raised for OO flow,

4.Once the Incident is resolved, OO flow should automatically trigger to add the node in NNMi.

Kindly let me know, how we can acheive the above scenario,

kindly help me on this requirement as this is very urgent for me.

Thanks,
Jagan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. daniel_daraban Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Invoke OO flow after Incident ticket is Resolved

Hello Jagan,

My name is Daniel and I am an OO Support Engineer.

Although, we as Support are a break/fix organization and not flow developers, I will try and provide some guidelines for the scenario you described.

1.Incident is created after OO flow fails in any of the flow. - I would suggest creating a subflow in OO using the SM Create Incident operation. For each failure in the main flow -> automatically call the subflow to open the incident.

2.Incident is assigned to Particular assignment group. -> this can be achieved in 2 ways :

a) if you have just 1 assignment group -> directly hardcode the assignment group in the subflow created at step1

b) if you have several assignment groups, based on which step the flow failed -> before populating the subflow to create a SM incident -> add another step and set a particular flow variable for the exact step where the flow failed and use a System Property/Selection list to decide to which assignment group the SM incident gets open

3.Incident team resolved the incident ticket which was raised for OO flow - this is something that needs to come from SM. You can use an OO operation generated by importing the SM wsdl to check the incident status every x minutes, but in my opinion that would create a lot of overhead between the 2 products, obviously depending on the time interval.

4.Once the Incident is resolved, OO flow should automatically trigger to add the node in NNMi. -> If you manage to update the status from SM, you can use a simple flow that will Dynamically Launch the flow to add the node to NNMi

As I have stated, I am not a flow developer and if you require further assistance with your design, I am more than happy to engage my colleagues from HP Professional Services.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
GJN13 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your esponse,

I want to re-initiate the same OO flow from SM side once the Incident ticket is resolved, and we need to pass the 3 values from incident ticket to OO flow as inputs to this flow,

Kindly help me on this scenario.

Thanks,

Jagan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As Daniel mentioned engaging PSO to help you design custom flows would be the best course.

In general in the SM Integration guide should have info on invoking OO..  Using SM change of state to populate the call to OO with the 3 values needed.

If you are getting a specific error when trying to invoke OO or with an OO Operation please open a support incident.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.