New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Invoking OO Flow Issue

Hi,

I have an issue with an OO Workflow. Different steps are described as follows:

1- I have developped a simple Workflow that notify users by eMail + an HTML file in attachement.

2-The user should:

a-open the HTML file in attachement which contains an HTML FORM  

b-Fill the FORM inputs in the HTML file and click Submit.

3-After clicking Submit, there is some javascript function that pick parameters from HTML FORM inputs and invoke a second HPOO Workflow using the following url : window.open("https://ooserver:8443/PAS/services/rest/run_async/Library/Wokflow_Path?parameters="+queryString)       

All is OK until Now, BUT my issue is that:

1-The user is not prompted to enter username and password when invoking the second Wokflow.

2-When i take a look in Central i see that the user who is running the second Workflow is admin. !!!!!!

My question is :

Why the user is not prompted to enter credential when invoking OO workflow

And Why the seconf WF is running whith admin user .

Regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

It appears you are using the old SOAP API, is there a reason you are still on version 10.20?  I can't remember which version introduced the REST API but this is the recommended method.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:10.80/Develop/Working_with_API/Table_of_contents

When you pass the URL via browser are you prompted for the username/password?  Is the web form suppressing the request?

I'm not clear what you mean by second flow as I only see one call to OO?  Have you enabled OO login, i.e. when you access the Central console you are prompted for a username and password?

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks for you answer Mark4.

• Yest there i s one call to OO from HTML file.
  • When i pass the URL via browser i am not prompted for the username/password, i get directly the return xml from OO, and in central the execution is launched whith admin user .
  • Yes, when i access the Central console i am prompted for a username and password.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

What is the exact version you are running as it looks like it was a known issue in older versions.

It looks like version 10.21 resolved the issue.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM01389709

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.