lacrosse1991 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Is there a way to dynamically refresh a display message flow?

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to make my OO flow show the progress for a series of WSDL operations that it has to perform (connecting to a handful of devices through HPNA's API). Is there a way to dynamically display this progress onscreen?

For example, I could have a task count onscreen that would decrement as HPNA moves through the devices that need to be accessed. 

If there isn't a way to do this, is there any sort of progress bar that I could utilize with OO? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Is there a way to dynamically refresh a display message flow?

Hi,

There is no way to utilize a progress bar.

As for the onscreen decrement I would personally not recommend it either. Once you prompt the flow will get into a "paused - user input required" state in which case Resume needs to be taken. you could resume through API but that would not help in regard to your current prompt being refreshed.

You could though, make use of the Transition Message (or transition description in Studio) where you could put the decrement variable <${currentState}> and the transition message will appear in Central while the flow runs and you could/should do the monitoring this way (you could add a lot of into on the transition message: the current device, the next device, the current position in the list and so on).

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.