Chris_Powers Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is there a way to prompt / accept a list of data from a user in a flow?

Hi,

Been a few years since I've been working with flows and I'm sure it's changed a bit and forgotten a lot...

I am looking to do a flow where a flow will process a list.  

At first, I was looking to read that file in, but upon further info, this might be a problem (not all users would be able to put file where OO can read it).  

So, was wondering if there wasn't a way to prompt the user to enter in the list (list of IPs - could be as few as a couple or dozens).  

Iteration thru the list I don't think will be difficult, done this in the past and believe I can recall how to do that, but what I've not done and not sure if it's possible is to prompt for a list.  

Could I do it with Set Flow Variables?  My hope is that everything can be added in as one long list as below:

etc

And then I could just use the List Iterator to mow thru that list.   Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks,
Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Felipe_A_OO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is there a way to prompt / accept a list of data from a user in a flow?

Hello Chris,

It depends of the version of HP OO.

In version 10.x, you can create a list flow variable with a delimiter and then use operations to work on the list like: list iterator.

You can try this example out:

1. Assemble the Selection List flow as shown below.

• Loop is in Library/Utility Operations/Looping in the Base cp.
  • List appender is in Utility  Operations/Flow Variable Manipulation in the Base cp.
  • The Selection List step is a renamed Do Nothing operation which you can locate in Library/Utility Operations/Flow Variable Manipulation in the Base cp.

2. Loop: Set the count input to a Constant Value of 5.

3. Modify List Appender inputs:

- KeyName: Constant value of compiledList

- resultText: Result of previous step

- delimiter: , (comma)

4. Selection List step:

- Remove all inputs except field1. Then modify the field1 input to present the selection list to the user

Parameters for field1 input:

- Prompt For: Selection

- List Source: Flow Varible

- Named: compiledList

You will have to type compiledList into the Named field as it is not available for selection in the drop-down list because of it only being generated at runtime at runtime trough the keyName input! (context key)

- Source Delimiter: , (comma)

- User message: Please make a selection:

5. in the Display Message step, set the message input to a Constant alue of You selected: ${field1}.

6. Save changes and run the flow in the Studio Debugger. When you run the flow, you will select a number from the pull down list.

7. The number you selected is then displayed to you.

This is an example on how to work with a list on HP OO.

Regards,
Felipe Alvarado S|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Operation Orchestration
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.