Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

It Happened Again

Jump to solution

So logged out of Studio (10.50) last night after creating projects content packs fromt he projects I was working on. Logged into Studio today and 3 of my four project are gone. in my C:\Users\xxxxxxx\.oo\data\projects all my projects show to be there. What happened and how do I open them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: It Happened Again

Jump to solution

No Problem

Happy to help, once you import it then you will always see it in your studio unless you remove it

Is a bit of a change from 9.x but you will find 10.x works quite well

Ciao

9 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Dont know why, but just click in studio on import project, select all the projects and it will import them

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

The projects show when I browse to them via Windows Explorer, but do no show when I try to brwose to them using the import project.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Just to make sure, when you import a project you are not going to import a ".jar" file

You will select the workspace folder

I have attached screenshots of what to do, as I cant understand how you cannot fidn them using import project:)

Let me know if you dont come right

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Actually I'm trying to import from

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\.oo\data\projects

Your pics show

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\.oo\Workspace

My projects folder shows the projects (pcis attached) but do not show them in Studio or when trying to use the import

My C:\Users\xxxxxxx\.oo\Workspace shows empty

Yet, in Studio I am able to see one of the projects.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Yeay your directory is just different its the same thing:)

If you go to studio, and click on import project from the top left menu and select e.g OLO - SIG Level RID folder and then ok, what does studio say during the import? does it give any error?

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

It says you are trying to open a project with an invlaid structure. missing directory Content. See attached

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Ok just to verify that these projects were open in studio and when you closed and opened again they were not there anymore

Can you send a screenshot of the contents of all these main top directories it should have atleast the 4 folders as shown in my test project

You might just be selecting a folder to high or too low

Find the directory where these 4 folders are in and you will find the right folder to select to import:)

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Ok, it seems I'm still on on the steep side of the learning curve with Studio 10x.. Based on your pic, I seached my hard drives and found the files. I didn't expect to find them where i found them. Each of these projects started out as OO9.07 content. I perfomed the export/conversation process where the converted content was in a new folder (HPOO_10_converted). I imported the converted projects with Studio 10x from that location. I wrongly assumed that by saving the newly imported and updated projects I was generating the neccessary structure/content using the Studio10 convention C:\Users\xxxxxxx\.oo\Workspace. I certnialy feel better knowing I'm not loosing the work or having to unpack the contentpack to reestablish the project. Still, I'd like to move this structure where it is easily recognized by Studio as a project that can be opened without having to do any kind of import.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

No Problem

Happy to help, once you import it then you will always see it in your studio unless you remove it

Is a bit of a change from 9.x but you will find 10.x works quite well

Ciao

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.