Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

KVM Integration Issue - probably SSH not supported

Hi all,

we are experiencing an issue on developing some workflows for the provisioning of KVM virtual system.

As per documentation we are using a Linux RAS server with the required kvm-client library installed and now we are trying a simple connection to the KVM server using the Get VM Info operation.

The specifics input given to that operations are:

• vmInputType: vmName
  • vmInputValue: test_vm
  • uri: qemu+ssh://root@10.248.252.87:22/system (where 10.248.252.87 is the KVM server IP address)
  • username: root
  • password: root pass of the KVM server
  • closeSession: true

the error returned is the following:

{returnCode=-1;returnResult=Cannot recv data: Host key verification failed.
: Connection reset by peer;Result=Cannot recv data: Host key verification failed.
: Connection reset by peer;sessionId=iconclude2945047006121964908;exception=org.libvirt.LibvirtException: Cannot recv data: Host key verification failed.
: Connection reset by peer
	at org.libvirt.ErrorHandler.processError(ErrorHandler.java:33)
	at org.libvirt.Connect.processError(Connect.java:1322)
	at org.libvirt.Connect.<init>(Connect.java:227)
	at com.hp.oo.content.actions.kvm.libvirt.common.LibvirtAction.getConnection(LibvirtAction.java:168)
	at com.hp.oo.content.actions.kvm.libvirt.common.LibvirtAction.execute(LibvirtAction.java:79)
	at com.hp.oo.content.actions.common.ActionAdapter.execute(ActionAdapter.java:96)
	at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.classLoadedIaction.execute(JavaExtensionService.java:578)
	at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.JavaExtensionService.executeFromThisDelegator(JavaExtensionService.java:260)
	at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.ExtensionServiceDelegator.execute(ExtensionServiceDelegator.java:58)
	at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.RCAgentServiceSoapBindingImpl.execute(RCAgentServiceSoapBindingImpl.java:48)
	at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.RCAgentServiceSoapBindingSkeleton.execute(RCAgentServiceSoapBindingSkeleton.java:238)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
	at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
	at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1124)
	at org.acegisecurity.securechannel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:138)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
	at com.iconclude.dharma.commons.util.http.DharmaFilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(DharmaFilterToBeanProxy.java:61)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1115)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:361)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:741)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:207)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:403)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:522)
;}

I must add that from the Linux KVM Integration Guide I read:

Due to a bug in the libvirt java bindings, password authentication with SSH and TCP protocols are unsupported.

However I am not sure if that issue is really due to the usage of ssh protocol

Anyone have any hint about it?

Thank you in advance!

Giulio

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Hajime Osako Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: KVM Integration Issue - probably SSH not supported

Hello,

If you use virt-manager from your RAS server, are you able to connect?

Also if you try ssh to KVM hosting server as the RAS process owner (probably root), are you able to connect?

Also google search hit the following URL which you might be interested:

http://debian.distrosfaqs.org/debian-user/virt-manager-fails-to-connect-to-remote-server/

If you will still have this issue, please feel free to submit a support case with your testing flow and Centra/RAS log files.

Best regards,

Hajime

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: KVM Integration Issue - probably SSH not supported

Hallo Hajime san, thank you for your reply... or should I say arigatou gozaimasu 😉

virt-manager is not installed on the RAS server and I did not find it in the libvirt-client package required by the documentation, anyhow using virsh I am able to connect:

oo_admin@myRASsystem /usr/bin $ ./virsh -c qemu+ssh://root@10.248.252.87:22/system?no_verify=1 list
root@10.248.252.87's password:
 Id    Name                           State
----------------------------------------------------
 1     test_vm                        running

the same I can say for the ssh connection to the KVM system:

oo_admin@myRASsystem /usr/bin $ ssh root@10.248.252.87
root@10.248.252.87's password:
Last login: Fri Nov 16 09:37:58 2012 from xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.eu
[root@kvmserver ~]#

From the link you posted I also check to see if the problem was due to a bad known_hosts file ... i deleted it and I re-created by establishing a new ssh connection to the IP of the KVM server (the same way I use when I set the URI in the OO module).

By the way, both the systems (RAS and KVM) are Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)

I think I'll follow your suggestion and I'll submit a support case.

kind regards,

Giulio

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.