ZenalBill Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

List Content Packs used on an Workspace

Jump to solution

Hi all,

This question comes from the difficulty I have everytime I need to install a new Studio. After the first pack of basic Content Packs are added to a clean studio, once I import my Workspaces nearly all of the flows are marked as invalid for missing object.

It's always a huge pain to download one content pack at a time, add it to Studio just to find out that some other content pack is still missing...

So my question is, is there a simple way of generating a list or some sort of report of Content Packs that have objects being used on a Workspace? Some DB query maybe ?

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem but due to the number of new OO instalations I need to do I get this problem many times.

Thank you all

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: List Content Packs used on an Workspace

Jump to solution

Hi,

In OO 10.5x the dependencies management process was improved and you can automatically calculate dependencies (used content packs)  for a certain project when you reate a cp out of it. The dependencies info is stored inside the CP jar in a pom.xml file. 

Why not using this mechanism to track depdencies of different content packs?

HTH,

Lucian

2 Replies
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In OO 10.5x the dependencies management process was improved and you can automatically calculate dependencies (used content packs)  for a certain project when you reate a cp out of it. The dependencies info is stored inside the CP jar in a pom.xml file. 

Why not using this mechanism to track depdencies of different content packs?

HTH,

Lucian

ZenalBill Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks very much. Hadn't notice the CP creation wizard had that information, this is great.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.