ClaudioD'Anduon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MS Cluster : use methods without login

Hi there,

I'm a newbee with HP OO and I have some troubles using methods to interface with Microsoft Cluster Service on Windows Server 2008.

As you can see, operations under: Operations --> MS Cluster (for example Get Clustered Resource State) have no username and password in inputs

So it looks impossible to be able to interface with a MS Cluster and in effect they don't work.

How is it possible ?

I also tried to insert a block before that logs in to the system, and in effect, error log changes; it now appears a clearer "RPC server is unavailable", but both services (RPC and RPC locator) are up&running

The exact error is : 

{returnCode=1;returnResult=The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA);Result=The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA);sessionId=1327c863-4333-4fc8-991c-f423d4a165ba;exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

at MSClusterLib.ClusterClass.Open(String bstrClusterName)
   at dotNETWebActions_Cluster.GetClusteredResourceState.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg);}

{returnCode=1;returnResult=The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA);Result=The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA);sessionId=1327c863-4333-4fc8-991c-f423d4a165ba;exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)   at MSClusterLib.ClusterClass.Open(String bstrClusterName)   at dotNETWebActions_Cluster.GetClusteredResourceState.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg);}

What do you think I should do ?

Thank you in advance

Claudio

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
AndraTurc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: MS Cluster : use methods without login

Although the operation's description does not mention this, accoring to the MS Cluster folder's description (right click on the MS Cluster folder and click Properties), "Thanks to MS's way of building the COM interface to MS Clustering admin tools, we can't use any impersonation with it.  
Therefore, to make it work properly you have to run the Windows RAS service as an account with privileges.
" This is the reason why the username and password inputs were not added for these operations.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.