Respected Contributor.. Devildiablo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Missing options after update

Hey All,

We are in the process of updating our Central to 2018.12. We have just updated our Dev server and encountering a strange issue. When logged into the webui the options across the top (Flow Library, Content packs, Configuarion items etc) are not visible. Then if you refresh the page they reappear. Then if you go to the Dashboard and back they disappear again. I have tried this in Chrome and IE with the same results. I have restarted Central but still have the same problem. We do not want to update our Production server until this is resolved.

I have raised an incident but wanted to check if anyone else had seen this before

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Missing options after update

Sounds like caching at the client browser - the content on central is overwritten.

The content folder {central_home}/tomcat/webapps/oo is removed and oo.war is expanded on startup with the new version content.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

So far MF support have had me clear cache etc.

Send screenshots and try it directly on a browser on the Central server with the same result.

Waiting for an update now

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Very strange, The issue appears to have resolved itself.

I logged onto the webui this morning and the problem is no longer occurring.

MF had advised > Could you please try deleting the content of the central\tomcat\temp folder and restarting OO again?

That was what I was intending to do this morning but seen that it was no longer happening.

Previously I had been advised to delete the cache and cookies which I did and seemed to make no difference. Not sure if there is some sort of delayed affect lol : )

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.