MJ Hartman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Missing tag folder. Contact your SCM administrator

Jump to solution

When trying to create a release content pack (Release checkbox checked), I get this error:

Missing tag folder. Contact your SCM administrator

How can I resolve this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Missing tag folder. Contact your SCM administrator

Jump to solution

As the error suggests, someone with Admin access to the SCM would need to perform this action, but it's basically looking for a 'tag' folder under the Project folder in your SCM.  HPOO is incapable of creating it as needed.

In my experience, most people see this when using SVN (Git sets up tags in a different way) so I'm going to assume that that's what you are using.  If that's accurate, the Admin should be able to run this command to create the Tags folder:

svn mkdir <path/to/project_repo>/tags

If you're looking for more details about Tags in SVN, you can check out this chapter from the SVN Book.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.tags.html

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global
2 Replies
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

As the error suggests, someone with Admin access to the SCM would need to perform this action, but it's basically looking for a 'tag' folder under the Project folder in your SCM.  HPOO is incapable of creating it as needed.

In my experience, most people see this when using SVN (Git sets up tags in a different way) so I'm going to assume that that's what you are using.  If that's accurate, the Admin should be able to run this command to create the Tags folder:

svn mkdir <path/to/project_repo>/tags

If you're looking for more details about Tags in SVN, you can check out this chapter from the SVN Book.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.tags.html

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global
MJ Hartman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

This solution works. Thanks!

It would be nice if this was mentioned in the authoring guide.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.