Absent Member.. muebel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Modify VMware Guest Boot Order?

I am preparing to develop a flow that clones a VMware guest from a Template. One of the steps will be to ensure that the system is set to boot from the network because my intention is to run a build plan against the machine through Server Automation.

Once the build plan finishes I would need to change the boot order once again so that it will boot from the local disk by default.

I am working with the Virutalization 1.0.129 content pack, and although I find an operation "Edit VM Boot Options" it doesn't contain any mention of changing the VMs boot order, and I can't find any other operation that does.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to otherwise use OO to modify the boot order of a VM?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. jbagley2 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Modify VMware Guest Boot Order?

I'll add a "me to" here.  Sortof.

We deploy VM's using HP-SA more for testing than anything else, but also to populate our VM templates that are used to deploy VM's without HP-SA.

I found the default boot order to be sufficient to deploy an empty VM.  For a VM with an OS already installed, I wrote a subflow that captures the VM's disk drive information, removes the disk drive and adds a new one with the same parameters as the original.  It's not elegant, but it allows the VM to boot from lan using the default boot order.

Certainly, a flow step that can adjust the boot order of a VM would be a much better solution!

hope that helps!

-james

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.