FranciscoLeiria Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Multi Instance (multi lane) flows not Completing

Hello team

I have the followig issue:

Flows with parallel execution (multi-lanes) does not progress. (each individual lane complete, but the flow never progresses from there).

Tried modifying the worker threads/heap size, etc... But is working on another environments with same configuration. I saw a same issue rised here years ago but with no final known resolution.

Any clue?

OO is 10.80 upgraded from 10.60

Thank you,

Francisco

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Multi Instance (multi lane) flows not Completing

Hi, have you chcked if anything  has status blocked in oo_Trigers table? if yes then they to change mannualyy the status to "waiting'. If no check if next_fire time of any of the column is in the past. if it is, mannualy put it in the future.

Good luck

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hello, thanks for replying.

Checked status of OO_triggers (see attached) and no, nothing was showing blocked. Sorry where should I look for "next_fire times" ?

Thank you again,

Francisco.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Francisco,

Fire time can be check either from the OO_TRIGGERS table (you will see two colums, prev_fire_time and next_fire_time in epoch time) or from the monitoring page, in the jobs section you will see the previous execution and next execution time.

Thanks;

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I was able to find one job "splitJoinJob" which "Next execution" was in the past.

I changed to some minutes in the future, nothing happened, time passes and now is in the past again.

I see another one, "jobDetail" that show good on previous (yesterday) and next (later today) but shows the following characters in column "Period or cron expression"

0 05 22 ? * *

Not like the others . . .

Should I replace that expression with something different?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

jobDetail is for the scheduled workflows - dont adjust the settings of this job

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thx!

Yes, I saw the same on other environment

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I put the job in a time in the future and as the time passes, it is left "in the past" again.

On all other jobs the times are updated, this one keeps the one I manually input in the db table.

Do I need to stop/start force something?

Thank you,

Francisco

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello

From the descirption of the problem and the splitJoinTrigger NEXT_FIRE_TIME not updating, it seems like you have an extra recovery job created , by quartz library that is blocking this job to trigger. 

In case you have any entries in OO_TRIGGERS table starting with "recover", please delete those rows ( it can be 1 entry per each central , in case each central had to be recovered at some point in time) .

Also in OO_FIRED_TRIGGERS, if you have an entry for splitJoinTrigger, delete that one also. 

Restart Central(s) after this deletion. 

Monitor the PREV_FIRE_TIME and NEXT_FIRE_TIME of all jobs are updating correctly.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.