Frequent Contributor.. wverbo Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Multi-instance step and variable in "Prompt User" mode

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I have a strange issue in my flow when I want to be prompted for an Input Variable:
In a normal way, all is OK, the step prompt me to assign a value for my variable (Not assign, Otherwise, Prompt User)

But when I toggled this step in multi-instance, the run never prompt, and the work is done (it's just a subflow with a Do nothing Step, only for testing)
The value of my variable is automatically set to ${variable} (variable is the name of my variable, for example: toto => assign to ${toto})

I've found nothing about this in the author guide.

Is it a normal operating mode ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Multi-instance step and variable in "Prompt User" mode

Jump to solution
Thank you for the answer.
The work around cancels the parallelism of multi-instance...
But as you said, this is the expected behavior : prompt user is not supported when a flow is part of a multi-instance step.

Wil.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Daniel_Linsley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

That is expected behavior.  Prompt user is not supported when a flow is part of a multi-instance step.  All of the instances of the step are run in parallel and essentially behave headlessly.

A work around would be to use a list iterator for the list you passed into the multi-instance step.  You would beable to prompt for each entry in the list.

Dan.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thank you for the answer.
The work around cancels the parallelism of multi-instance...
But as you said, this is the expected behavior : prompt user is not supported when a flow is part of a multi-instance step.

Wil.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.