Absent Member.. Jonathan Feutz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

MySQL Flow, Mysql isnt an option as a database type in any of the SQL query modules.

Trying to create a flow that runs a sql query against a MySQL database. Unable to find any type of mysql connector within in the accelerator packs or operations library. Looking for help connecting to mysql from within my flow.

Question is:  Does the mysql client need to be installed on the central server(s)  to connect to mysql within flows, if not how do you gain access to MySql databases... perferrably not using a DSN. ??

HP 9.00

Central Server Cluster: Windows 2008

Central Database: MS SQL Server

RAS Server: Windows 2008

*Mysql Client not installed on Central Server.

Library -> Operations -> Databases

|-JDBC

|-Microsoft SQL

|-Oracle

|-Sybase

|-DSN Command

|-DSN QUERY

Just for kicks I added SQL query from JDBC, and ran a simple flow. DBtype, mysql is not  listed. I added MySql to the Supported DatabaseTypes List, and i got a the error com.mysql.jdbc.driver not found. I thought about downloading the connector/J jar from MySql, but didnt know where OO's classpath var is or how to configure OO to use it.

Any assistance would be great.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Jonathan Feutz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: MySQL Flow, Mysql isnt an option as a database type in any of the SQL query modules.

I figured it out.. these are the steps I took..

Downloaded the

On My RAS servers:

mysql-connector.jar  (mysql-connector/J) from mysql's website.

copied  them in the <ras-install-path>/jre1.6/lib   and also to the <ras-install-path>/jre1.6/lib/ext

Restart RAS.

On Central Servers add a 'MySQL' as a Supported DB Type under Configuration.

Configuration > Selection Lists > Supported DB Type

Once you do that MySQL will be an option for the SQL Query Operations.

Frustrating the HP doesnt do this by default, with the millions of MySQL databases that exist .

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AntsInPants Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: MySQL Flow, Mysql isnt an option as a database type in any of the SQL query modules.

I am also interested in this information!

0 Likes
Absent Member.. davidnlarkin72 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: MySQL Flow, Mysql isn't an option as a database type in any of the SQL query modules.

Just an 'after the fact' FYI... On the description tab of all the SQL operations there is a note which reads...

NOTE: To enable MySQL support, the JDBC drivers would need to be added to the %ICONCLUDE_HOME%\RAS\Java\Default\webapp\WEB-INF\lib directory and then update the SQLDBType selection list with the appropriate setting (MySQL).

David Larkin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.