Super Contributor.. Devildiablo Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

MySQL query

Jump to solution

Hey All,

I am trying to query a MySQL DB with OO but there doesnt appear to be a MySQL option in the DB content pack.

Can anybody please advise how I can do this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor..

Re: MySQL query

Jump to solution

Hey Lucian,

Thank you for your response.

I followed the instructions and believe I followed them correctly or obviously not

I downloaded the jdbc connector

mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar

and put it in

Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\HPE Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin

When I try to run the SQL query I get

exception=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.databases.MySqlDatabase.setUp(MySqlDatabase.java:21)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.ConnectionService.setUpConnection(ConnectionService.java:81)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.SQLQueryService.executeSqlQuery(SQLQueryService.java:26)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.SQLQuery.execute(SQLQuery.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.hp.oo.sdk.plugins.abstracts.BaseActionPlugin.execute(BaseActionPlugin.java:53)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.executePlugin(PluginAdapterImpl.java:344)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.execute(PluginAdapterImpl.java:257)
at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:105)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:91)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeStep(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:331)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.execute(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:85)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.executeRegularStep(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:173)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.run(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:126)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.WorkerThreadFactory$1.run(WorkerThreadFactory.java:39)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
;returnCode=-1;rowsLeft=0;returnResult=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;sessionId=;Result=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;}

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

In OO Base CP we have generic JDBC . If you do a right click on the JDBC folder you'll find instructions how to integrate with MySQL. 

HTH,

Lucian

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hey Lucian,

Thank you for your response.

I followed the instructions and believe I followed them correctly or obviously not

I downloaded the jdbc connector

mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar

and put it in

Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\HPE Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin

When I try to run the SQL query I get

exception=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.databases.MySqlDatabase.setUp(MySqlDatabase.java:21)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.ConnectionService.setUpConnection(ConnectionService.java:81)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.SQLQueryService.executeSqlQuery(SQLQueryService.java:26)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.SQLQuery.execute(SQLQuery.java:176)
at com.hp.oo.sdk.plugins.abstracts.BaseActionPlugin.execute(BaseActionPlugin.java:53)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.executePlugin(PluginAdapterImpl.java:344)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.execute(PluginAdapterImpl.java:257)
at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:105)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:91)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeStep(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:331)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.execute(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:85)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.executeRegularStep(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:173)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.run(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:126)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.WorkerThreadFactory$1.run(WorkerThreadFactory.java:39)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
;returnCode=-1;rowsLeft=0;returnResult=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;sessionId=;Result=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I assume you are running the flow from Studio. After adding the jdbc jar under <STUDIO_HOME>\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin did you restart Studio?

If yes and the flows still din't work my suggestion is for you to open a support case.

Thanks,

Lucian

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Lucian,

Thank you so much I was able to solve the problem.

The problem was I was a moron.

I unzipped the gz but not the tar (Hangs head in shame0

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.