Respected Contributor.. thisamu Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Need to understand buffer's configuration and their consequences

Hello,

There are many different buffers in OO (inbuffer , outBuffer, DebuggerEventsOutBuffer, StepLogEeOutBuffer, AbstractEventsBuffer, LanguagesLogEventsOutBuffer, AbstractEventsBuffer,  ...?).

I would like to undertand basically :

• What they do 
  • How their configuration can possibly impact ram and cpu consumption (bulksize, capacity, ...?)
  • How to change their configuration if possible 

I ask the question because we know that it is possible to change the configuration of some parameters (out.buffer.max.buffer.weight, inBufferCapacity) but we do not really know what it changes on the behavior of the application and what may be the consequences.

We also had the experience of a heapdump where the buffer was involved (more than 1Gb consumed) and we wonder if it would not be possible to change its configuration to reduce its memory footprint.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Need to understand buffer's configuration and their consequences

Hello Thisamu,

Could you please take a look at attached Benchmark Performance document and let me know if this gives you some clarification about your questions?

On regards to the heapdump files created, you can disable the creation of them from the Central wrapper.conf file. Specifically, you look for the line below and modify it to look exactly as shown below. Then, restart the Central service.

wrapper.java.additional.7=-XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

On the other hand, you can also create heapdump files on demand by configuring the Java Visual VM.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Luis

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.