Mike_R
Frequent Visitor.

New OO Installation vs Upgrading

Jump to solution

I am looking at upgrading all the way from 10.22 to 10.80.  I am concerned with possible incompatabilities with existing content packs as part of the upgrade.  Also possible extended outages if we have to revert the upgrade due to unforeseen issues.  I am wondering if it would be easier to just stand up a new instance of 10.80 and move our content packs over (testing as we migrate) instead of upgrading the existing instance.

Does anyone have any experience/insight for a multi-version upgrade like this?

Thanks,

Mike R

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: New OO Installation vs Upgrading

Jump to solution

Its easiest to upgrade.

Prior to upgrade take a snapshot of your DB, Repository, and OO Central and RAS Install directory. During the upgrade, your CPs are converted to the post 10.5 format.  

I'd suggest installing OO in a lower environment (copying your prod db if you can (disable scheduled jobs 🙂 ) and performing the upgrade to see what issues you may run into. 

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Its easiest to upgrade.

Prior to upgrade take a snapshot of your DB, Repository, and OO Central and RAS Install directory. During the upgrade, your CPs are converted to the post 10.5 format.  

I'd suggest installing OO in a lower environment (copying your prod db if you can (disable scheduled jobs 🙂 ) and performing the upgrade to see what issues you may run into. 

Mike_R
Frequent Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice.  I am definitely planning to do it in a lower environment first.  I had not thought to copy the Prod  db down to the lower region, I think that could really help alleviate possible concerns.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just a note if you copy the DB

bring along the 'credentials.store', 'encryption.properties' and 'encryption_repository' files from your central installation var/security/ directory otherwise you'll have issues connecting to the migrated db from your lower env

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.