Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Non-Error Error Result

HPOO 10.6

I have an flow that makes a remote SSH call to a HPUX server to execute a shell script. The shell script makes a Db call to an Oracle Db. I'm looking at the step details and from all accounts, the script ran and provided the expected results in the "Results" output. However, HPOO is telling me the step error'd, which of course ended my flow run in error.

/Base [1.9.0]/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/SSH/v1.0/SSH Command

I've seen cases where a command's STDOUT is valid / non error, but that this operation interprets it as an error. What's troubling to me is that in the case of this script it's not consistent.

UPDATE: I took the run, there are several, were this happened and ran it through Studio using the Remote Debugger pointed at the same Central and it worked fine. This adds to or at least supports my reason for concern. The failed run and the successful run look identical.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Josue_G_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Non-Error Error Result

Hi, 

Quick question, do you get same behaviour with /SSH/v2.0/SSH Command and using base 1.10.0 ? 

Regards, 

Thank You.

Josue Gómez
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Non-Error Error Result

I have not tried. These flows orignated from 9.x content without conversion error. Sounds like I need to update my base content pack and give it a try. I'm always a littlel bit nervous about an udate that has global ramifications.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.