Absent Member.. BruceRobertson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO 10.50 REST interface error format

After experiencing the issue of someone deleting my content pack from the OO Central Server I've come to the conclusion that the OO 10.51 REST interface needs an improvement to the /oo/rest/v2/executions/ end point for executing a flow

If I provide an invalid flowUuid (like in my case as the flow had been removed from Central) I don't get a friendly error message back that I've specified an invalid flowUuid I just get an HTML page and a "400 - bad request response code" with no other detail

Suggestions

a) It's a RESTful interface so should return a JSON error not html
b) If I examine the audit log via /oo/rest/v2/audit/records then I do get more detail (see below) so if this detail is available then it should be returned as JSON in response to the /oo/rest/v2/executions/ call and i shouldn't need to trawl the audit log to find what went wrong
"outcome": "SystemError",
"data": "{\"exception\":\"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException\",\"executionName\":null,\"executionId\":null,\"uuid\":\"7fe039fc-b8d0-4c9b-bfc6-0c6fd2eb237g\"}"

thanks

Bruce

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
ermartinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO 10.50 REST interface error format

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HPOO Forum Support.
My name is Eric and I'm engineer from OO Team.

Regarding to your issue, it could be a valid Enhancement Request, therefor I suggest you to open a case in order to send the Request to the R&D team.

Thank you!.

Eric Martinez | SW Technical Support Consultant.
OO and CSA
Mail | eric.martinez.solis@hpe.com
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.