Absent Member.. sweeAun_HPE Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO 10.60 Internal Error - Central & RAS workers missing

Hi,

I am running OO 10.60

- using internal database, using evaluation license

- for PoC

After 1-2 days, login into OO Central pops "Internal Error" box on some screens.

When looking into OO's System Configuration --> Topology -->  I see that OO Central and RAS workers has disappeared.

(screenshot attached)

Restarting OO Central and OO RAS services does not help.

Anyone encountered this?

Thanks,

swee-aun.lim@hpe.com

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Harar-Zafrir Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO 10.60 Internal Error - Central & RAS workers missing

Hi,

I did not experience it, I would guess it could be related to data persistency, meaning the database...

I would not use the internal database (H2) for more than a single "show"...

If you demo everything from scratch (install, deploy, use, ...), the internal DB can be used (taking into consideration its limitations).

If you wish to set up a small-footprint, but more solid, persistent system, I would use a MySQL or PostgreSQL database.

Best,

Harar

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. LSantana Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Any solution to fix it? 

I have the same issue.... 

Operation Manager, Network Node Manager, SiteScope and BSM - AIS Certificated Professional
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As Harar previously noted using the internal database for extended periods of time  is not  recomended or even a good idea. That db type is provided only in order to perform quick installs for verification purposes only.  Having large demos and keeping the database up for longer periods of time is a bad idea as H2 very limited in terms of  size and since most of the data is stored in memory (RAM) serivce or server restarts may corupt data.

Now if you want to have a demo  that needs to be up and runing for longer periods of time or you want to set up certain conditions ahead of time  install a postgresql db  localy and install OO with that db.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.