Absent Member.. LukeHa Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO 10.60 REST Upload Deploy File causes 500 error

Jump to solution

I'm using the OO docker  container to test automated deployments .

I am able to successfully deploy an individual content pack using:

Request: PUT /content-packs/{name}

Now I'm trying to deploy a group of content packs. I first generate a deployment ID using:

Request: POST /deployments

Then attempt to upload the content pack using the command below which results in a 500 error

Request: POST /deployments/{deploymentProcessId}/files  (and the newly generated deploymentProcessId is placed in)

2016-12-08 16:12:55,139 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] (DeploymentController.java:384) ERROR - net.bull.javamelody.JspWrapper$HttpRequestWrapper3 cannot be cast to org.springframework.web.multipart.MultipartHttpServletRequest
java.lang.ClassCastException: net.bull.javamelody.JspWrapper$HttpRequestWrapper3 cannot be cast to org.springframework.web.multipart.MultipartHttpServletRequest
at com.hp.oo.deployment.controllers.DeploymentController.upload(DeploymentController.java:264)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:221)
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:110)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:776)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:705)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:967)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:869)

Any insight to why this command is causing a 500 error?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ligia_centea
New Member.

Re: OO 10.60 REST Upload Deploy File causes 500 error

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible that your request is not formated according to the multipart/form-data standard, described in RFC 2388.

I reccomand that you check this forst. I think it may also be halpeful to search for some examples of multipart/form-data requests.

Hope this helps,

Ligia

3 Replies
ligia_centea
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible that your request is not formated according to the multipart/form-data standard, described in RFC 2388.

I reccomand that you check this forst. I think it may also be halpeful to search for some examples of multipart/form-data requests.

Hope this helps,

Ligia

AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

As Ligia mentioned it is important to make sure the headers and body are correct.

Below is a screen from DHC rest client

Screenshot_2.png

Andrei Vasile Truta
Absent Member.. LukeHa Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you for your replies!  This set me in the right direction.. I was sending the binary data for a single file as the body rather then multipart/form-data

I was able to upload with curl like this:

curl --request POST -F "basecontent=@oo10-base-cp-1.9.0.jar" http://<host>/oo/rest/v2/deployments/164400001/files

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.