Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

OO 10.70 - Purge Executions returns -1

Jump to solution

Hi! Suddenly my Purge Execution Flow returns -1... meaning FAILED.  Is this something of a concern? It happened after I cancelled a running Purge Execution Flow due to the intention of restarting central because of a stuck Project CP deployment process...

Is there an easy way to recover from this? I suspect an orphaned data might be preventing the deletion...

Thanks in advance... 

In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OO 10.70 - Purge Executions returns -1

Jump to solution

Hi,

The purge  flows and the underlying API have 2 protection methods to ensure that 2 purge events do not occur at the same time. On one hand the flow has a content based lock that makes sure 2 purge flows would not run at the same time, while the api itself also has a table based lock  to ensure 2 api calls will not trigger the purge events at the same time without having the flow run. 

In case the table lock does not get released the api will always retrun -1. If you have access to the OO database you can either:

- delete from the table OO_TABLE_LOCKS the entry with the name PURGE_ALL (DELETE FROM OO_TABLE_LOCKS WHERE NAME = 'PURGE_ALL)

- modify in the table OO_TABLE_LOCKS the locked value  for the entry with the name PURGE_ALL

In case you want to go with the modification option based on your DB vendor you may have to change the locked value from true to false or  from 1 to 0. The querry would look something like UPDATE OO_TABLE_LOCKS SET LOCKED = 'false' WHERE NAME = 'PURGE_ALL' 

No central restart is required after this change. 

Hope this helps,

Vlad

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

The purge  flows and the underlying API have 2 protection methods to ensure that 2 purge events do not occur at the same time. On one hand the flow has a content based lock that makes sure 2 purge flows would not run at the same time, while the api itself also has a table based lock  to ensure 2 api calls will not trigger the purge events at the same time without having the flow run. 

In case the table lock does not get released the api will always retrun -1. If you have access to the OO database you can either:

- delete from the table OO_TABLE_LOCKS the entry with the name PURGE_ALL (DELETE FROM OO_TABLE_LOCKS WHERE NAME = 'PURGE_ALL)

- modify in the table OO_TABLE_LOCKS the locked value  for the entry with the name PURGE_ALL

In case you want to go with the modification option based on your DB vendor you may have to change the locked value from true to false or  from 1 to 0. The querry would look something like UPDATE OO_TABLE_LOCKS SET LOCKED = 'false' WHERE NAME = 'PURGE_ALL' 

No central restart is required after this change. 

Hope this helps,

Vlad

Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Vlad!

A gazillion thanks to you Sir! You don't know how grateful I am with that answer... you totally saved my day... 

Salute you Sir 1000%

You're the rockstar of OO ^_^

Rgds,

Don

In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.