Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

OO 10.70 - Some central-wrapper.conf settings I want to undersand...

Jump to solution

Hi!

OO 10.70

I want to understand these settings in central-wrapper.conf

java.additional.XX=-Dout.buffer.max.buffer.weight=XXXX

java.additional.XX=-Dcloudslang.worker.numberofExecutionThreads=XX

java.additional.XX=-Dcloudslang.worker.inBufferCapacity=XX

Thanks in advance...

- Don

In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OO 10.70 - Some central-wrapper.conf settings I want to undersand...

Jump to solution

You should not multiply those values (the execution threads and the InBuffer capacity).

You should consider though the tuning recommandations from the Benchmark guide available here.

You'll need to configure those based on your needs. I would suggest java memory at least 4GB as explained in the guide.

As for the max threads for example: if you have a step that should run in parallel on 40 instances but your execution thread is 20 you will have at once only 20 and not 40 thus you''ll need to adjust the worker value as needed - and that is to consider only one flow execution at once. If you know that you'll have multiple flows running at the same time you'll need to take that into consideration. 

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

about the last two you could find some explanations in the benchmark of oo. those are among the settings we recommend for a performance increase sections Recommandation for environment tuning.

Screenshot_61.png

Andrei Vasile Truta
Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have too a question about these two parameters ... specifically in terms of resources.

Specifically, how many resources could use the default settings:
wrapper.java.additional.25=-Dcloudslang.worker.numberOfExecutionThreads=20
wrapper.java.additional.26=-Dcloudslang.worker.inBufferCapacity=200

Does that mean 20 x 200 MB = 4000 MB ?

Or does that ratio has some other meaning?

If I have a Central with up to 8GB RAM available, what do you suggest would be the best settings for these two params?
thank you very much in advance

Giulio

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

You should not multiply those values (the execution threads and the InBuffer capacity).

You should consider though the tuning recommandations from the Benchmark guide available here.

You'll need to configure those based on your needs. I would suggest java memory at least 4GB as explained in the guide.

As for the max threads for example: if you have a step that should run in parallel on 40 instances but your execution thread is 20 you will have at once only 20 and not 40 thus you''ll need to adjust the worker value as needed - and that is to consider only one flow execution at once. If you know that you'll have multiple flows running at the same time you'll need to take that into consideration. 

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.