OO 10.80 SQLException in logs
We are seeing an error in the general.log and server.log on our OO 10.80 instances:
2018-05-14 18:01:00,178 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-8] (TransactionAspectSupport.java:506) ERROR - Application exception overridden by rollback exception org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: PreparedStatementCallback; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [ SELECT DISTINCT EXEC_STATE_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUERIES WHERE (STATUS = 7) OR (STATUS = 😎 OR (STATUS = 6) ]; SQL state ; error code ; Bigger type length than Maximum; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Bigger type length than Maximum
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate (AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:84)
This SQL exception is occurring every minute and is filling up the logs. We are not seeing any actual issues within the application itself.
We are connected to an ORACLE RAC database using a servicename. The two Central Servers we have are Redhat machines, if this information assists at all.
I took at peek at our 10.80 centrals, granted we're on Windows, and I don't see those errors being thrown. We're also connecting to an 188.8.131.52 RAC instance for all of our clusters, so I'd expect to see it in our logs somewhere.
A quick search seemed to indicate an Oracle driver mismatch: not sure quite where to look, I'm guessing that you're using 12c on... you know what, no guesses. What Oracle version on what OS are you running?
We are using Redhat 7.2 for the Central machines and Oracle RAC 11g R2. The JDBC driver we are using is the OJDBC6.jar which can be found on the ORACLE website and is the suggested jdbc driver for use with 11g R2.
In OO before the change required to exclude the JDBC drvier for Oracle we used ojdbc7-184.108.40.206 driver (ojdbc 7) for all versions of Oracle supported without any side efects for both 11gr2 and 12c. Change your driver to this one and see if the errors persist. Note you will have to update the driver in both central\lib folder and in tomcat\lib folder. A safe way to replace it everywhere it needs to be replaced is locating it in the central/lib folder and then searching for that name in the entire OO folder.
Hope this helps,