Absent Member.. LukeHa Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO 9.07 -> 10.60 flow migration - broken logic

Hey Folks,

We're currently in the process of upgrading from OO 9.07 to 10.60 and migrating our flows.

We have several flows that are using a "Do Nothing" operation to do various compares and redirect the flows based on the compare results.

I've attached a picture of the responses to help describe the situation.

when I run the flow the context for this compare step is: Field_1=Field_2=field1=field2="some value"

In the responses, I'm trying to compare Field_1 == ${field2}  

Even though the values are equal, it still fails to match.

I know there are other ways to accomplish the same task, but I'm trying to leave the migrated flows as un-edited as possible.

any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OO 9.07 -> 10.60 flow migration - broken logic

hi,

Can you provide a few more details.

If possible how it run in 9x - in debug

If possible how it fails in 10x - in debug and if any errors in the logs.

How did you see that Field_1 and field2 are the same - in the context during the debug?

Andrei

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Absent Member..

thanks for the quick response!

In this case what's happening is the flow checks a script version between a repo server and the version on a target server.. if they are a different version, the script gets copied from the repo server to the target...  This step if just to compare the version number that was previously put into a flow variable and redirect the flow.. (There are a few other scenarios that use the same type of logic with the "Do Nothing" responses and have expected results)

Here's an example of the step in OO9.. field1 & field2 inputs = 0.3... in the responses, the compare is a match and returns the expected response of "don't copy".

-----

Compare versions to see it we need to get a new copy         

24     7/28/2016 14:50 7/28/2016 14:50 0 dont_copy_aiwascontrol (field2=0.3), (field1=0.3 )   {Field 1=0.3 ;Field 2=0.3 ;Field 3=${field3};Field 4=${field4};Result=0.3 ;}

----

The OO10 debug results look like this:

It has the same values for Field_1 and field2, however the compare returns as not equal and it's forcing a copy every time it's run

-----

Compare versions to see it we need to get a new copy     12/20/2016 9:36 12/20/2016 9:36 0.031 seconds {field1=0.3
, field2=0.3
, Field_4=${field4}, Field_2=0.3
, Field_1=0.3
, Field_3=${field3}} {response=success, returnResult=0.3
, TimedOut=false, FailureMessage=null, Field_3=${field3}, Field_4=${field4}, Field_1=0.3
, Result=0.3
, Field_2=0.3
} 0.3 {} {} RESOLVED copy_aiwascontrol

-------

Thanks for your assitance!  

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I think the question is, in the operation responses, can "rule text" be a variable? I'm using ${field2} in "Rule Text" and it doesn't appear to be matching against the value even though ${field2} has the expected value in the context inspector. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.