Absent Member.. David Akers Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted"

I have a subflow that needs to select a credential from one of a set of Syetem acounts.  I can get the user name and password values, but when I attempt to use SetFlowVariable to assign the selected values to a FlowOutput variable, SetFlowVariable leaves the data unencrypted.  I have "encrypted" checked, but the new (output) variable is returned (correctly) unencrypted.  The input value is encrypted so although this is anice way to unencrypt a vlow variable, since I want it encrypted, I am stuck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted"

Hello David,

I am an Operations Orchestration Support representative; I will be researching according your request. In other to start with my researches could you please check the next information:

> What opertion are you using?

> Content Pack Version?

Waiting your answer,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted"

I am using \Library\Utility Operations\Set Flow Variable  I have version 27 10/24/2012.

I see a newer version on  the Central.

However, Update Preview does not "identify" this change as being possible.

How do I get The OO Studio to recognize this operation being old and update it of Update Preview does not identify the need for the change?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted" (Updated)

I was incorrect in my last post.  The version I have (version 27) appears to be current as of CP-15.

I was confused because OO gives me a date as well as a version number.  Version 27 is found in 4 repositories, and they all have different dates.  I assume therefore that the date shown is not the date when Version 27 was done, but is some other date that is essentially meaningless.

I have version 27 that appears to be current with CP-15.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted" (Upda

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick response, so regarding the information that you provided me, I think is fine the CP, but you can verify the CP Version following this path.

%ICONCLUDE_HOME%\updates\content

Will be checking your request with our group internally. I will respond when I have the next step on this situation.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: OO 9.07 - making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted" (Upda

Hello David,

I wanted to let you know that I am working diligently on <making an encrypted flow variable with SetFlowVariable and "Encrypted"> with my OO Team. I will respond with an update when we have the next step for this thread.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello David,

Sorry for the delay on this response. On regards to your question, below there is an example that may possible help with your request, this is basically a flow that handles the SetFlowVariable operation.

Below you will see how inputs are handled, as you can see, the input myValue is encrypted:

Set Flow variable is configured on the Results tab as a Return  Step.

On the other hand, for the display operation, the inputs are handled like this: the input "message is the one receiving the encrypted message from the previous step"

When the flow is executed, the message will be encrypted all the time as you can see below, the data remains encrypted all the time:

Is the previous example somewhat useful for your purposes?

Kind regards,

Luis Quiros

HP OO

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello David,

If you found the information on this thread useful, feel free to mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Kind regards,

Luis Quiros

HPOO

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.