Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

OO Central error on CP deployment: XML syntax error on System Property

Jump to solution

Hello, a customer is reporting a problem with a Content Pack we just delivered. The error goes as follows:

XML File 'Configuration/System Properties/Path/To/Property.xml' has syntax error at line #2 at column #96, reason: cvc-pattern-valid: Value '0cf32701-1c63-4adc-b47c-84820118af21@b3097f93-108a-48bf-aba5-4b524e0dc98d' is not facet-valid with respect to pattern '[\w]{8}-[\w]{4}-[\w]{4}-[\w]{4}-[\w]{12}' for type 'restrictionId'.

We have no idea what is causing this error. The property has been created as usual in OO Studio, no manual changes have been performed in any files. 

I have tried deploying to a local instance of OO Central and it has been uploaded successfully.

The versions are:

- OO Studio: 10.50

- Client's OO Central (where it fails): 10.51 Enterprise

- My OO Central (where it succeeds): 10.70

We don't have access to the client's environment due to their security policy, so it is not possible for me to log in their OO Central and investigate further, but I may be able to request information from them, so feel free to ask.

Have you seen anything like this before? How can I fix this issue? Every idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OO Central error on CP deployment: XML syntax error on System Property

Jump to solution

Hello HectorAlvarez,

From the error, seems like the UUID of the system property was not properly created. Will be possible to create a new property and replace the current one with the new one and try again? 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello HectorAlvarez,

From the error, seems like the UUID of the system property was not properly created. Will be possible to create a new property and replace the current one with the new one and try again? 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
This is probably the answer.

I have been reserching this morning, it turned out the client renamed the CPs and no longer knew which one was the latest version, they probably reinstalled the wrong CP and told us the latest version had been deployed.

I managed to reproduce the error by installing the CP they had as "last delivery" but don't get any errors from the actual latest CP, so now we are going to install everything from scratch to avoid issues.

If this doesn't work I will update the thread. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.