Absent Member.. powellri Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO Database Maintenance

HPOO 10.22  Windows

Postgre 9.2

I am looking for some guidance in setting up a  weekly purge of the run history and basic DB cleanup

I was given the following doc by support;

https://lnast01pcache.saas.hpe.com/asset/resources/pd/oo/1h01459950506/10.20_DB_Maintenance_Procedures.pdf

It states: Download the latest PostgreSQL.zip pack from HP Live Network under OO DB Maintenance Scripts and Procedures > HP Operations Orchestration 10.20 and unpack it

I cannot find that zip file on Live Network

Labels (1)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Super Contributor.. Brett Simpson_1 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: OO Database Maintenance

good luck with that. the new HPE branded HPLN is very difficult to find anything. Not to mention its lost about 90% of the content that was on the old web site.

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi guys,

You should go under https://hpln.hpe.com/product/operations-orchestration/resources/tools 

Specifically for those 10.20 procedures you could access: https://lnast01pcache.saas.hpe.com/asset/resources/pd/oo/15m1461331136/DB%20maintenance%20scripts%20%26%20procedures%20OO%2010.20.zip 

Regarding the 90% of content that is missing - if you could point out a few of the things you did not find and would like to have access to, feel free to send me a message.

Andrei Vasile Truta
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I'm looking for the 10.02 DB Maint scripts, anyone have a location for these? I can see 10.20,10.50,10.60 on the live network.

nrosado Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

download the attached files.

Have a nice weekend.

Nelson R

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Nelson

Do you have the same for MSSQL, the maint script there is for the postgres db.

*update* Actually I noticed Andrei posted for 10.10 in another thread. Can anyone confirm that the 10.10 MS SQL scripts will work ok with the 10.02 DB?

0 Likes
michalhugim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

In addition to former replies, please note that the recommended way to purge the DB is using dedicated OO flows.

The OOTB flows are available in HPE-Solutions CP: https://hpln.hpe.com/contentoffering/oo-hpe-solutions-content

In OO 10.22 and up, you also have the "Database Health" tab (in the System Configuration workspace), where you can observe the DB consumption and get all the info about the purging flows etc. 

The advantages of using the flows are:
1. You don't need DBA for it.
2. You can custom them for your need. even add stuff.
3. You don't have to mantain them cross OO version, the API that they work upon is backward-compatible.
4. You schedule and track them in OO Central.
(BTW, you can also use the API directly, which is also good. and, as mentioned, backward-compatible).

Please let me know if this approach can work for you.

Thanks,

Michal.
OO Central Functional Architect, OO R&D

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Michal

I've done this via flows for 10.20 and above but with 10.02 we get an error stating, I'm guessing that its just a limit of this older version. This is using he purge execution summary flow.

HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'DELETE' not supported

0 Likes
michalhugim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you're right, I almsost sure that purging the execution-summary was added later on. Maybe in 10.50 but I'm not sure.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

For anyone who come across this in the future for 10.02 attached is the sql maint scripts.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
Absent Member.. timr30017 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can you tell me where I might find the same scripts for OO 7.6?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

For 7.6 there were some purging run history scripts but no other maintenance.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Absent Member.. PCR101 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

... broken link...

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Can you go directly here: https://hpln.hpe.com/product/operations-orchestration/resources/tools and access the needed packets from there?

For some reason - some of the links provided above do not work - however going into the tools should be good. I just checked.

Andrei

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.