Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

OO Database growing exponentially

I use a Perl script to purge the Execution logs, steps-log, audit and debugger event logs in OO.
This uses the OO REST API(see below)

DELETE "/oo/rest/latest/executions?endedBefore=$endedBefore&maxAmount=$maxAmount";
DELETE "/oo/rest/latest/steps-log?endedBefore=$endedBefore&maxAmount=$maxAmount";
DELETE "/oo/rest/latest/audit/records?timeBefore=$endedBefore&maxAmount=$maxAmount";
DELETE "/oo/rest/latest/debugger-events?endedBefore=$endedBefore&maxAmount=$maxAmount";

The problem is that the database size of one our production instances has grown exponentially  from under 50GB to over 320GB and continues to grow.
I checked the database and the table OO_STEP_LOG_BINDINGS is over 250GB

I have adjusted the purge script, changing the retention period and the size didnt change much.
Anyone have an idea as to why this happened and how to shrink that table.

[Environment Details]
1. OO version: 10.60 - Enterprise Edition
2. patch level: Build Number 27
3. Operating system: Windows 2012R2 x64 Enterprise
4. Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2016

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: OO Database growing exponentially

Hi,

According to me, following the steps of the "Database Maintenance Procedures" Guide is very useful.

it's what we are doing in our environment and it works perfectly.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.