Absent Member.. DBR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO Environment Overrides

I know how to setup the overrides.  My question is where are they stored?  In the DB?  Is there any way to report on them or export them?

Thanks,

Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Terry Gong Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO Environment Overrides

Are you referring to properties added to "/Configuration/System Properties"? These properties are not kept in the DB. They are kept in XML files in the repository. You can export them by right clicking on "System Properties" to get the context menu and then click on "Export as New Repository...".

0 Likes
Absent Member.. DBR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

No, I am talking about the override properties in the web client.

Thanks,

Don

0 Likes
Absent Member.. cjp421 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I would also love to know where this is stored.

We currently flip "prod" and have to manually maintain these values.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. davidnlarkin72 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Overrides are stored in the database.

They can be found in:

<dbname>.dbo.keyval

In terms of reporting or exporting, there are several mechanisms inside and outside of OO to handle that. Its just a matter of skillset, effort, requirements, etc...

Regards,

David L

David Larkin
0 Likes
Absent Member.. cjp421 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

David,

We created a solution that changes the values in the database...

However, it appears that Central caches the values.  From some testing, it looks like an update of a system property will trigger a re-cache.

Being that it appears to be cached... a bounce of Central also works, but this is even less desirable.

Anyone know if these values can be "re-cached" externally?

(Looking for the uber-SDK at this point)

-Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.