chrisb Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

OO: How can I include a variable in the User Message for the Prompt User option?

Jump to solution

I want to prompt the user for input. But when I include a variable in the User Message, it doesn't get resolved.

Ex:

Please enter a new value for foo. The current value is ${foo}. --> This gets displayed as is. ${foo} is not resolved.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: OO: How can I include a variable in the User Message for the Prompt User option?

Jump to solution

When executing you see the value is set in the context inspector and its set as a flow variable not an output field? 

I'm able to successfully expand the variable in a request for input w/ prompt.

4 Replies

Re: OO: How can I include a variable in the User Message for the Prompt User option?

Jump to solution

Is foo set in this step or in a previous step? Can you share how it is derrived as well

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

The variable foo was set in a previous step. It has a non-blank value.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

When executing you see the value is set in the context inspector and its set as a flow variable not an output field? 

I'm able to successfully expand the variable in a request for input w/ prompt.

Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
It was indeed a flow output! Changed it to flow variable and this fixed the issue. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.