Honored Contributor.. connection Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

OO Operations to captures mainframe menu fucntions

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest some steps to connect mainframe servers and capture mainframe menu functions

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shu_sato Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: OO Operations to captures mainframe menu fucntions

Hi,

I'm not sure about what kind of mainframe you are interestsed in but there is be no specific operation
provided for mainframe as long as I know.

However if you can talk to mainframe using genral protocols like ssh, http...etc, OOTB operations for them
would be useful.

Just fyi; the List of flows and operations document is now available on HPLN:

HP OO 10.x Flows and Operations
  https://hpln.hp.com/node/24427/attachment

Thanks,
Shu

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. connection Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

The Mainframes are HP NON STOP servers, basically we are trying to automate Code deployment, for example, take the code from source system and then compile and then copy to PROD servers. The team is using clinet to connect mainframe applications and then they use Menu functions. we are  trying to using SSH, but there are lot of commands to be executed for complication. Please suggest if there is any possible ways to automate. Thanks for the document.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. LLynch7270 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Has anyone figured out if HPOO can automate Mainframe Operations?  I have batch jobs that abend, Regions that need to be monitored every hour on the hour, as well as, a host of other Mainframe Ops that I would like to create flows for. (ISPF, TSO CA7, JCL, etc).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.