Trusted Contributor.. J Chris Munro Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

OO Operations vs. Scriptlet for parsing XML responses

I have OO 10.10 and I have run into an interesting situation.

I am trying to build out a flow that will call HP UCMDB for a TQL View and parse the results to take action on the CIs returned in the view.

I have tried several ways of processing the XML results I get from HP UCMDB but my concern is this.

If I use a combination of the XML parsing operations, the JSON container operations, and Flow Variable Manipulation operations that are provided by OO it takes several hours to parse a TQL that contains ~100 servers and their IP Addresses just to get a CSV style list that will allow me to send the IP Addresses on for a PING status check.

If however I write a scriptlet that will parse the XML results I can end up with the same CSV style list in just a few seconds.

What is it about the operations that make the processing time take so much longer?

The main reason for my question is that I am having trouble passing the completed results of the scriptlet on to other flows.  As the main result is a Javascript Object it gets passed onto other flows as a simple string "[Object object]" and I loose all the data that was contained within the object.

Thanks,

- Chris

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OO Operations vs. Scriptlet for parsing XML responses

Hello Chris,

I am an Operations Orchestration Support representative, so regarding your request I have found some information, please take a look:

In the document http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM01159522 (OO10.10_Base_CP1.2.1_ReleaseNotes.pdf (page 14))

Known issues:

> Modify operation "Validate XML Document" to support XML namespaces When using the Validate XML Document operation under Utility Operations/XML Processing) with XML documents that contain XML Namespace tags (xmlns), errors are produced. These same XML files have been checked against the  schema using other XML parsing tools and no errors were produced.

OO10.10_WebServices_Wizard.pdf (page 31) http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00996962

In addition to inputs, the parsing obtains results that can be captured as operation outputs (which are expressed as results in steps). Any arrays in the XML are extracted as a single XML result from which the flow author can extract narrow subsets.

PS: I have attached the documents .pdf

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know and I will continue with my researches.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.