Highlighted
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

OO Studio cannot start - another instance in same preferences folder

Jump to solution

During a training session, I was made aware that in HPOO Studio 10.51 you could run multiple Studio instances so long as they were separate Workspaces.  However, since I generally default to one Workspace, I clicked the "Do not ask again" on the Workspace picker dialog some time ago so now, when I try to start a second instance of Studio I get an error message that says, "There is another Operations Orchestration Studio instance currently running on the same preferences folder."  I assume that this is due to it attempting to open the same Workspace again but I don't know how to re-enable the Workspace picker dialog since the Studio.Properties files seem to work differently in 10.5x. 

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OO Studio cannot start - another instance in same preferences folder

Jump to solution

Hi,

Find the file StudioWorkspaces.properties under a folder path similar to: c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration\Studio\ and change prompt.user to true

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta

Andrei Vasile Truta
6 Replies
ermartinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

My name is Eric, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding to your question, I will do some test in my lab I will update you very soon.

Thank you. Best Regards,

Eric Martinez.

HP Support.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have been doing some test in my lab and I was unable to find any option in order to restart Switch Workspace windows.

As a workaround, try the following:

1) Close all the Instance of Studio

2) Open Studio and Under the file Menu select the option Switch Workspace -> other, browse to the location that you want to use (other folder) and then try again wiht other instance of Studio.

Let me know if you need something else.

Eric Martinez.

HP Support.

HP Support
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I tried this and I still got the same error.  I think it's still trying to open in the same folder because it attempts to open the last used workspace, and, since I have an instance of Studio opened, whatever workspace I'm in is the last used workspace.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Let me get in touch with the developers in order to see if we can restore the Switch Workspace windows.

I will update you very soon.

Eric Martinez.

HP Support.

HP Support
0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Find the file StudioWorkspaces.properties under a folder path similar to: c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration\Studio\ and change prompt.user to true

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta

Andrei Vasile Truta
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrei, that worked!  Plus, bonus, it answered something else I was curious about which was, "how do you remove workspaces you no longer use from the 'Switch Workspaces' prompt?"  So double thanks. 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.