[OO Support Tip] Performing DB migration from MS SQL 2005 to MS SQL 2008
What is the recommended way to migrate from a MS SQL 2005 database (DB) to MS SQL 2008 database?
Steps for migrating the database from SQL2005 to SQL2008 SP 1:
1. Take a full backup of the OO system including the SQL 2005 database and database tables.
2. Log out of OO and stop the Central, RAS, and scheduler services.
3. Contact internal DBA to migrate the SQL 2005 server to SQL Server 2008 SP 1 so that the table structures for OO are kept intact.
For a smooth migration, the recommended tool can be found here:
4. The next part is for informational purposes only if the IP address and hostname will remain the same for the SQL server. If the instance name changes this will not effect OO as OO will talk to the hostname on the specificed port. If the database name and IP address have changed then the Central.properties quartz.properties and hibernate.properties files will need to be edited to reflect this change.
5. Update OO to the latest Content Pack (CP) release. This is available to download from the following link: https://hpln.hp.com//node/44/contentfiles?dir=10471
6. Check the relevant Release Notes first and then look at the best way to implement the content pack. There are two recommended ways to do this: 1. via the HP Live Network Connector and 2. manaully download the update. Both are documented within the Release Notes
Just before installation is initiated for the latest Content Pack, restart the Central, RAS, and scheduler services.
7. Once the migration is finished it is advised to re-start your server and then log into OO to test that the flows and schedules are working correctly.
Direct link to the document is here:
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.