Established Member.. Gontran
Established Member..

(OO) Support Tips: How the worker polling mechanism works

Each worker will hold a file called engine-webapp-xx.yy.jar, this file determines how often a worker will poll task from Central.

<score:configuration

inBufferCapacity = "500"

numberOfExecutionThreads = "20"

maxDeltaBetweenDrains = "100"

/>

The following configuration will work the following way:

Every 100 ms, it will retrieve up to  500 tasks and spread them across 20 threads.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Regular Contributor.. DavidDean2 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: (OO) Support Tips: How the worker polling mechanism works

What exactly is the relationship between inBufferCapacity and the numberOfExecutionThreads?  In this example, it was 500 buffer to 20 threads.  If I had 200 execution threads, should I be configuring inBufferCapacity to 5000 so there is sufficient buffer?
Is there a calculation that I could use to ensure I wasn't starving my 200 threads of tasks?

And BTW, what exactly constitutes a "task" in the context of flow runs?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.