Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

[OO Tip] Error - Script did not fully finish, had: commands left

Jump to solution

Problem:

Using Operations Orchestration (OO) the Secure Shell (SSH) operation failed to complete successfully. Operation fails with the following error:

Result=-1;returnResult=Script did not fully finish, had: commands left java.lang.Exception: readTimedout at: 20004

Solution:

The Secure Shell (SSH) operation has undocumented input for timeouts. An input called "readTimeout" is available to set the timeout for the time it takes a command to execute until the time the expect script catches the prompt. This timeout is set in milliseconds.  The default timeout is 20 seconds.

This input must be created with the "Add Input" button on the Input tab of the operation.

Direct link to the document here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM542404

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: [OO Tip] Error - Script did not fully finish, had: commands left

Jump to solution

Hello Apresence,

ReadTimeout is the time to wait for the expect expression to  be matched.

Example:

Lets say my expression is  XYZ that I am waiting for with the expect

Then the ssh session might do this

Hey whose there

No one  - why do you ask.

Really whos there ?

XYZ (read complete)

So if it takes under the time that read timeout is set to then it is great, if not, you get a read timeout.

You usually get read timeouts when the "expect" expression is wrong – so it never matches.

"Timeout" – is the timout to wait for the overall flow to finish

So if you expect to do  3 “expects” then the Timeout must be at least 3 times the readTimeout.

I hope this clears it up.  Please let me know if you need more info!

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I thought readTimeout was an inactivity timeout such that when OO doesn't receive any output at all from the remote end for readTimeout milliseconds that a timeout would occur?  The previous statement indicates that this is not the case and instead it controls how long to wait for the "expect" expression to be encountered.

Which is correct?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Apresence,

ReadTimeout is the time to wait for the expect expression to  be matched.

Example:

Lets say my expression is  XYZ that I am waiting for with the expect

Then the ssh session might do this

Hey whose there

No one  - why do you ask.

Really whos there ?

XYZ (read complete)

So if it takes under the time that read timeout is set to then it is great, if not, you get a read timeout.

You usually get read timeouts when the "expect" expression is wrong – so it never matches.

"Timeout" – is the timout to wait for the overall flow to finish

So if you expect to do  3 “expects” then the Timeout must be at least 3 times the readTimeout.

I hope this clears it up.  Please let me know if you need more info!

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.