[OO Tip] HF_174608 - HTTPClient does not reuse connections causing performance bottlenecks
Using OO 9.06 CP10 - Each OO RAS operation is designed as an atomic unit with the following considerations:
- at execution time, all resources are acquired
- when the operation completes, the acquired resources are released
However, if a flow uses sequentially the same operation for a couple of thousands of steps, at each step, the RAS operation will re-create the resources needed, instead of reusing them.
Consider the following example:
- A list of 1000 Service Manager incidents is being retrieved
- Using InvokeMethodv2 operation, a loop is performed to update each SM incident from the list
- InvokeMethodv2 makes use of HttpClient base operation (resource). This operation will create a new HTTP connection for each incident and close it after the response is received.
HttpClient base operation should re-use the connection if it already exists
Contact HP OO Support and request this hotfix.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.