Outstanding Contributor.. Fabrizio Maggio Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

OO backup & restore procedure

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I would like to define a procedure to backup & restore an OO standalone server installed on windows platform.

I have already check it into product manuals but I don't find enough information.

About the backup i will do it in this way:

Oracle archive log for database

full backup of OO installation directory (example D:\OperationsOrchestration)

full backup of OO repository (dharma.repository=location)

In case of failure which is the best practice to restore Operations Orchestration ?

Thanks.

Fabrizio

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Hajime Osako Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OO backup & restore procedure

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just for your information and if you haven't looked at yet, you might be interested in KM1447269 for some general concept of OO backup.

Basically, like other software, if you take full cold system backups for your Centrals, RASs and DB server (and Cluster/LB), and if you follow the instruction of your backup software, you should be able to restore your OO environment.

However, I personally think the plan of backup & restore would be different by each OO environment (OS, DB software, OO layout etc.), so that I would recommend you to consult with HP Professional Services to find out the best practice for your environment.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hajime

2 Replies
Absent Member.. Hajime Osako Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just for your information and if you haven't looked at yet, you might be interested in KM1447269 for some general concept of OO backup.

Basically, like other software, if you take full cold system backups for your Centrals, RASs and DB server (and Cluster/LB), and if you follow the instruction of your backup software, you should be able to restore your OO environment.

However, I personally think the plan of backup & restore would be different by each OO environment (OS, DB software, OO layout etc.), so that I would recommend you to consult with HP Professional Services to find out the best practice for your environment.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hajime

Outstanding Contributor.. Fabrizio Maggio Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.