Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

OO can not connect to DB sometimes

Jump to solution

Environment: 

OS:Windows Server 2008 R2;  Versions:OO 9.07       Database: Oracle

OO work fine, but one day customer restart the OO central failed with the below error:  "failed to connect to OO database with error:
Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor"

But after they restart the Oracle, and then restart OO, the problem solved.

This problem happened sometimes, So I do not think the configuration has problem.

What's the analysis direction?  does anyone encounter the problem before?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carlos_R_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: OO can not connect to DB sometimes

Jump to solution

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum. 

My name is Carlos Robles, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

First I want to remember you that OO 9.07 is in extended support and we recommend to upgrade to OO 10.x. And regarding your question, this error looks that is from the DB, the error provided said the following "ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor" and this is a error from Oracle. And as you explained, after they restart the Oracle, the problem solved, so, the issue looks that is  with the DB.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles Rojas

Carlos Robles Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

0 Likes
4 Replies
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum. 

My name is Carlos Robles, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

First I want to remember you that OO 9.07 is in extended support and we recommend to upgrade to OO 10.x. And regarding your question, this error looks that is from the DB, the error provided said the following "ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor" and this is a error from Oracle. And as you explained, after they restart the Oracle, the problem solved, so, the issue looks that is  with the DB.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles Rojas

Carlos Robles Rojas

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope you are great,

I wondering if the information provided was helpful.

Please let me know your comments.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles

Carlos Robles Rojas

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope you are great,

I wondering if the information provided was helpful.

Please let me know your comments.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles

Carlos Robles Rojas

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. The customer has solve the problem by themself.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.