Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

OO central can't login untill restart whenever Central service start priror to DB service

Jump to solution

Precondition: OO centrall stopped, DB service stopped.

When I start OO central, then after some minutes start DB service. I can not login OO central without a restart.

So that means OO central must start after DB service, if not you must restart OO central.

Where can I find the documentation describe about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OO central can't login untill restart whenever Central service start priror to DB service

Jump to solution

Hello foy,

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum.

My name is Carlos Rojas, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question, I don't believe there is such documentation, however if you think in the way that OO works, it makes sense, since OO stores all of it's configuration in the database, therefore if the same isn't available, you will expirience some issues like the one you describes.

OO has a reconection mechanism and it will try to reconect to the database for 3 minutes (if I'm not mistaken) and after that time, it will just stop. Therefore in such scenario you will need to restart OO service in order to retry the connection.

I hope this information finds you well.

Thanks!

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OO central can't login untill restart whenever Central service start priror to DB service

Jump to solution

Hello foy,

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum.

My name is Carlos Rojas, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question, I don't believe there is such documentation, however if you think in the way that OO works, it makes sense, since OO stores all of it's configuration in the database, therefore if the same isn't available, you will expirience some issues like the one you describes.

OO has a reconection mechanism and it will try to reconect to the database for 3 minutes (if I'm not mistaken) and after that time, it will just stop. Therefore in such scenario you will need to restart OO service in order to retry the connection.

I hope this information finds you well.

Thanks!

Carlos Rojas

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Foy,

I was wondering if the information provided was useful? Please let us know if you have any additional doubt.

Thanks;

Regards! 

Carlos Rojas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.