Absent Member.. RickHPECloud Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO fails to connect to vCenter API

Trying to connect to a vCenter 5.5 server with OO. OO fails with this message:

Couldn't connect to VIM service: VI SDK invoke exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document  : White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. Nested exception: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.

If I try to connect with PowerCLI, or RVTools, or any other REST API client - it works no problem.

I am using OO Virtualization CP 1.8, and none of the flows work. I tried to use a Deprecated Flow - and it will get through the logon stage - but fails to execute any commands with the same message above.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: OO fails to connect to vCenter API

Assuming your Studio can reach your vCenter, create a flow and drop the following operation in there with a success and error icon. If your studio can't reach your vCenter deploy to OO and run from there.

/Virtualization [1.8.0]/Library/Integrations/VMware/VMware Virtual Infrasturcture and vSphere/Virtual Machines/Get Virtual Machine with the following parameters, on the output select uuid and you should receive a vm-xxxx id back.

Report back the results

0 Likes
Absent Member.. RickHPECloud Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The issues isn't the flow - it was the CP. Upgraded to Base 1.9, and a recompiled virtualization 1.9 with an older version of vijava, and all is working now. This will be addressed with a hotfix shortly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Mickey Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Greetings,

I've a similar error: 

{returnResult=Couldn't connect to VIM service: VI SDK invoke exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 31 of document http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd : The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'. Nested exception: The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'.;Result=;}

I am using virtualisation 1.9.1 & base 1.9.1. Any kind of suggestion/advice would be much appriciated.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mickey,

Can you check if your user have proper permissions in the target vCenter?

Also the host, credentials and port are correct, right?

Thanks,

Lucian

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Mickey Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hello Lucian,

I am admin on the target vCenter and yes the host & creditials are correct. Regarding the port, I'm using the port 9443.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.