Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. LinhLinh_2686 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO old licensing model

Hello everyone,

I need some helps to understand what the old licensing means:

Could you please clarify the following issues for me?

• HP OO CoreSvr 1-250 Devices SW LTU:   Assuming this means OO can have 250 potential targets.   There is no differentiation between type of device.  E.g. network node, virtual/physical server, etc.   Is this correct?
  • HP PA CoreSvr 1-250 Devices SW LTU: What is the difference between “HP OO…” and “HP PA…”?
  • Does OO provide any capabilities to validate a customer is only using the # of licenses they have access to?

Thank you and Best regards.

~Wings~*

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
James-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO old licensing model

@ LinhLinh_2686

Great questions, I'll contact my internal resources and get you some clarification. 

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
James-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO old licensing model

@ LinhLinh_2686

• HP OO CoreSvr 1-250 Devices SW LTU:   Assuming this means OO can have 250 potential targets.   There is no differentiation between type of device.  E.g. network node, virtual/physical server, etc. Correct, it can be any type of device
  • HP PA CoreSvr 1-250 Devices SW LTU: What is the difference between “HP OO…” and “HP PA…”?
    This is a tough one, I would need to engage you with a sales engineer, feel free to PM me if you would like to do that
  • Does OO provide any capabilities to validate a customer is only using the # of licenses they have access to?
    There is an identification piece so once a license is allocated they cannot be used simultaneously 
I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.