Absent Member.. Lori Moore Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OO wswizard issue

Has anyone run into an issue with the web service wizard where you get an Exception: error: Unexpected character encountered: '6' ?  There is no '6' character in the xml so I am at a loss.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Contributor.. ChristineB Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: OO wswizard issue

No this is not a known error.  Is the error being seen when you are attempting to use the wswizard tool itself (when you are trying to open a wsdl file), or is this error being seen when you try to run a flow with an operation created by the wswizard tool?  If this error is occurring when trying to use the wswizard tool, at what point in the process is the error being seen?

0 Likes
SwatiShah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OO wizard issue

Hey

I think that it can be an issue with XML file. If you validate it with an OO flow using Validation operation see if it says invalid.

The utf-8 characterset byte order mark (invisible in most editors) is placed as first character of XML file. Read up and see if that is causing an issue.

It took a while for my colleague to figure that one out.

Rule out by

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.